One residency, three unique and exciting tracks! Welcome to the Nurse Residency program at Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth, Texas. By participating in this competitive pediatric nurse residency, graduate nurses will accelerate their transition from students to professional pediatric nurses.
During our 12-month program, nurse residents rotate through various pediatric specialty units in the hospital, gaining valuable knowledge and clinical experiences in pediatric nursing. The experiences during the pediatric nurse residency will culminate in eligibility for national certification as a pediatric nurse.
We invite applicants graduating with a BSN: Between December 2021– May 2022 to apply.
July 2022 Cohort
- Applications open December 6, 2021
- Applicants may only apply to one of the three tracks below.
- Applications close January 27, 2022, at 5:00 PM Central Standard Time. No documents are accepted after the deadline.
- Please be advised that no documents are accepted until December 6, 2021
- Graduated from an accredited baccalaureate nursing program (BSN) or an entry-level master’s of nursing program (MSN).
- Must be applying to serve in his or her first professional nursing role.
- Associate degree only
- Previous work experience as a licensed professional nurse
- Candidates graduating with an Associate Degree-to-BSN who have previous work experience as a licensed professional nurse
- Candidates with an LPN-to-BSN with previous work experience as a licensed professional nurse
- Does not graduate within the time frame (no exceptions are granted)
- Must be applying to serve in his or her professional role.
- Must pass the NCLEX prior to the start of the residency.
- Applicants who have previously applied to the nurse residency program are ineligible to reapply.
- Applicants may only apply to one of the three tracks.
- Interview Notification: Week of February 1, 2022
- Interview Week: February 14-18, 2022 (no exceptions)
- Selection of Residents and Notification: February 28, 2022
- Start of Residency: July 18, 2022