It’s hard to believe that Pride Month is officially over, and yet Austin Pride 2022 is still on the horizon. This year Austin Pride will be bigger (and later) than ever! Austin Pride will be on Saturday, August 20, 2022, which is after many of our students have arrived on campus. UT Austin will be participating by tabling at the festival and participating in the parade. (You can RSVP to participate with the UT Austin group in the parade here.) This will be the TENTH year that we have taken part in Austin Pride (check out a vintage shot of the first group in 2012 here)!
We have representation on the planning committee from around campus, including:
- The Division of Diversity and Community Engagement
- The Texas Exes Pride Alumni Network
- The Pride and Equity Faculty Staff Association
- UT Athletics
- Dell Medical School
- The Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs
- Housing and Dining
- LBJ School of Public Affairs
- If you would like to join the planning committee or want more info, please email email@example.com.
Because we anticipate more UT Students to participate this year, and the cost of participating in Austin Pride is the highest it has ever been, we wanted to reach out to our campus partners for some additional support this year.
Here are some ways you can help:
- Helping us pay any portion of the $3,000 entry fee for the parade
- Helping us pay any portion of the $375 entry fee for the festival
- Helping us set up or pay for the Balloon Arch ($350)
- Helping us decorate the trailer with UT and rainbow decorations (offsetting the costs of decorations and/or physically helping us decorate the trailer and cleaning up the trailer after the parade)
- Renting (or securing) a truck with a hitch to pull a trailer
- Renting (or securing) a trailer to decorate
- Donate giveaways for us to give out at Pride, this could be stickers, beads, buttons, etc.
- Helping us pay for matching shirts for the student participants
- Donate food or water for Longhorn participants
- Sponsor a student to attend the festival & help the UT group table
- Email your department/organization to see if anyone wants to volunteer
- Volunteer to attend the festival and help with the UT table
- Spread the word that UT Austin will be at the festival and in the parade!
- Try to balance out any hateful messages about UT participating in Austin Pride on social media (we usually get several negative comments on UT/Athletics posts about Pride Parade participation)
- Attend and invite your friends!
- What are we missing? Have additional ways you want to help and get involved? Let us know!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, or for sponsorship opportunities.
Thanks so much for your support!
The Pride Planning Committee of UT