Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist: Nurse Residency Transition to Practice Program
The New Graduate Nurse Residency program at Wake Forest Baptist Health is designed for newly licensed nurses during their first year of practice. The program is called Transition to Practice and offers:
- Clinical academies, specific to your service line, during the initial months of hire
- Ongoing learning activities in months 3-11 that assist with the transition from student to nurse.
- Nurses remain in the same cohort throughout the program and meet in small groups led by a facilitator.
- Nurse Scientist-led discussion focused on the evidence-based process culminating in a project by the completion of the program.
- Interactive content such as simulations, panel and small group discussions, tales from the bedside.
FOCUS AREAS DURING MONTHS 3-11:
- Designed for newly licensed nurses during their first year of practice.
- Documentation and Legal Pearls
- Delegation, Conflict Management
- Escalation of Concerns
- Care of Self-Preventing Compassion Fatigue
- Care of the Abusive Patient
- Ethical Considerations, Death and Dying
- Professional Development and Advocacy
- Interdisciplinary Simulation