Anyone who is interested in furthering the mission & vision of UTMRC can become a member. We encourage UT students, UT faculty, UT staff, community members, medical and healthcare professionals, and other volunteers to become a member of UTMRC.
Please review and complete the below steps to become a member of UTMRC.
Step 1 – Registration for UTMRC: Download the “Registration for the UTMRC” (PDF) instructions on how to join our UTMRC unit through the Texas Disaster Volunteer Registry (TDVR). We have also created a video that goes over the registration process. Click Here to Access the UTMRC Membership Instruction Guide Video.
Step 2 – Complete Incident Command System Trainings: Complete one of required Incident Command System (ICS) trainings listed below. You will upload a copy of your certificates in the TDVR system. Click Here to Access the UTMRC ICS Training Guide Video.
- IS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS 100
- IS-700.B: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System
Step 3 – Complete Background Check: Once the required training is completed and uploaded you must complete a background check:
- If you have an active UT EID (i.e. you are a student or unlicensed faculty) you do not need a background check.
- If you are currently licensed through any board in Texas or the U.S. (eg. RN, MD, CPA, Bar Association, Board of Education etc.) please submit your license number to Kate Hanley at firstname.lastname@example.org or UTMRC Team at email@example.com to confirm that your license is valid and up-to-date.
- If you are not licensed or do not have an active UT EID, (non-clinical volunteers welcome!) please visit the Instant People Check website and complete an “Online Instant Nationwide” criminal background check at your own initial expense for $14.95, then submit it with your request for approval.
Step 4 – Complete Acknowledgement and Media Release Form: Please download and complete our “Acknowledgement and Media Release Form” and upload it to your TDVR profile. The forms will be upload in training under the category of “Other”. Even if you have previously used “Other” for another certificate, the category allows for multiple uploads.