Ciao Milano!

My first week in Milan, and I already feel like I like I’m a local (minus the speaking Italian part). Honestly, I thought Italian would be easier to learn since Spanish was my first language – BUT I WAS WRONG. Besides my cringe worthy ordering of croissants and gelato- this week has been a whirlwind.

To start, I had a 12 hour layover in NYC where I actually visited some really cool design events:

“Sight Unseen Offsite” in New York

When I got to Milan, I was hit with the scent of Jasmine. It’s amazing how the city perfumes itself with these flowers.

I quickly became extremely close to my housemates, and it felt as though we had known each other forever. Throughout the week, we visited different design studios, museums, and beautiful feats of architecture.

On top of the Duomo!

My favorite parts of the week however, were the free times we had. We hosted a dinner at our apartment, explored the city, got off on the wrong subway stop, explored some more, had a dance party with LUSH workers, went shopping, got drinks on the Naviglio, and SO much more.

I’ll take both pls & thnx
Linda testing out le water

Linda, Baylea, and I even took our first adventure outside of Milan to Cinque Terre! And yes- we got on the wrong train (and freaked out a bit), but is it really an adventure if you don’t get lost at least once?

Canoeing in Cinque Terre!

Week 2  : I’m ready for ya!

Ciao!