Death, Budapest, and New Friends

I finally learned how the metro system! This is truly amazing since I was completely lost coming here. It was honestly very simple to understand. One of the things that stood out to me this week was visiting the cemetery. It was very strange and somewhat dark, yet really beautiful. I enjoyed seeing the dramatic and extremely detailed tombstones. While walking around, I reminisced about the importance of life and how short it is. The cemetery honestly gave me the motivation to push through my dreams and struggles. Yes, it was eerie but also very refreshing.

Como is a beautiful city! It rained a little bit but we were still able to see the site. I spent most of my time with Linda, Karina, Pamela, and Baylea… it seems like I am going to make some lifelong friends. Stay tuned to see if Milan makes or breaks us…

This weekend I also went to Budapest. Somewhat similar to Milan in architecture but not in people or language. It was definitely my first time in Austria. They seemed to like alcohol a lot. I went with Karina, Kate, and Courtney. It was a nice 3 days weekend. We did go on a cruise which was very nice since we got to see all the touristy spots at night. We also went to see a castle and a palace.

One thought on “Death, Budapest, and New Friends”

1. Sounds like you have enjoyed the first couple of weeks.
    PS- Budapest is in Hungary they are, however, both on the Danube.