Gelato 24/7

After a long flight and a furious arrival, my first week was actually pretty good. Even though I am not a design major, professor Catterall made It very easy for non-design students to understand the art and the design and appreciate it as well. My favorite visit of that first week was the Rossana Orlandi museum; it was very interesting. I liked most the art that was present, and even though they did not make sense when put together in the same space, the guide was still able to give us a unique story and enlighten us about most pieces. Also, what I love about Italy is how close it is to my home country Lebanon. The driving, the people, the buildings, the restaurants… Even the flowers! It almost feels like I have known Milan forever.

Yasmine (Jasmine) Tree

Before I left, a family friend that has been to Italy told me “Pizza and gelato every day” and let me tell you something, he is so right! The Italian cuisine is delicious and if I don’t have a gelato daily, my day doesn’t go well.

My best friend from France visited me this weekend as well after not seeing her for months… It was great. We were counting the days and it felt unreal to see her again, but I am glad I did, even for a short time. We visited the Duomo together, watched a heated soccer match in a bar, ate lots of gelato and went happy hour together. This weekend was definitely a success!

Me, my best friend, and my new friend

I cannot wait to experience Milan and the rest of Italy over the time left and learn as much as I can about design, an elective that I’m starting to love and appreciate!