Week three: visitors and adventures!

CHRISTINA (my old roommate) COMES IN TOWN!
I have never been so excited to see a friend in my life!
Saturday morning we woke up early to catch a train to the lake district at 7:20. When we got to Varenna we hopped on a fairy boat over to Bellagio peninsula and found a little coffee shop. We got some coffee and hit the town. We then hiked over the Bellagio hill and spent the rest of the morning sitting with our feet in the water, watching the boats. For lunch we asked a local for pasta recommendations and we had some risotto, pasta with pesto, and blueberry pasta… its pasta made out of blueberries! After lunch we decided we should try to head back over to Varenna to have some time to walk around there before our train home. When we were on the fairy ride back my friend Martha spotted a small river tucked back in the hills of the town and recognized it from one of her travel books. She told us that she was pretty sure it was the “Milky River” which is the shortest river in the world and has extreme rapids. Naturally, we decided we needed to find this river…
At the source of the river there was a naturally fed drinking fountain and it was the cleanest, coldest water Ive had in Europe yet! While we were enjoying our time at the top I got a facetime call from a friend back home  and I answered with a view of the river and the lakes behind it and was like “hey look where I am” and it was pretty sad when I realized he was calling me to show me his view of Canyon Lake and I totally one upped him on accident.
Needless to say, Italy has endless beauty and spontaneity is key. I have been so inspired this weekend!
this is me drinking from the source of the milky river!
was so intrigued by the way the sun bounced off these two walls and created a beautiful orange light. Pictures don’t do these colors justice!
just a few sketches from inspiration this week!