Beach Day

After our trip to Venice, a couple others and I decided to stay back one more day while the others headed home. Since the beginning of this program, we had talked about going swimming, so we headed to the beach.

About a 40-minute water taxi ride from Venice is a little strip of land named Lido. Lido is a tiny island that is well known for its beaches and resorts. We chose to stay in a quiet, tucked away hotel just minutes from the beach. We ended up having to sneak Kate in since the room capacity was 5, but there were 6 of us.

After we checked into the hotel, we decided to go eat dinner. On our way to find a place, we stumbled across the beach and saw this amazing view. I didn’t even remember the last time I went to a beach so I was very excited, to say the least.

The next morning we woke up early and headed to the beach. It was nice to just disconnect and relax. We were there for about 6 hours and we all got very tan. Celeste and Moira decided to find some seashells and ended up finding more than 50.

And before I knew it, we were back on the train heading home. This trip was a short one but it was a great way to end our last weekend here.