Final Week in Milan

The highlight of the week for me was doing the walking tour in Brera. My favorite place, in particular, was Cassina.

After focusing on ceiling lighting for my object and visiting Artemide, I’ve found a new interest in lighting. The ones I found in Cassina were unique and varied in form. I also realized that I had sketched one of the lighting fixtures in the window display just a week before, not realizing that it was actually a Cassina showroom.

It was also interesting to see their objects in context and the curation of experiences in different rooms. It helped me to understand the purpose of these objects and it wasn’t also bad that I was able to sit/try out some of these pieces.

On a side note, It’s crazy to think that our time here in Milan is coming to an end. Where did the time go?!

This past month has been nothing short of fun, educational and inspiring.  I’ve learned so much and I’m very happy that I was able to experience this.

Milan is such a beautiful city and one I’ll definitely come back to in the future.