Internship Course Info + Requirements
- Internships must be arts-related.
- Internships may be in-person, remote, or hybrid.
- Interns must be supervised and mentored by someone who is considered an expert in the field.
- All hours must be completed during the semester in which the student is enrolled in the course.
- Internships should last the majority of the semester.
- All internships must be approved by Fine Arts Career Services. FACS reserves the right to reject an internship if the opportunity is deemed inappropriate.
Internship Courses Offered
- FA 140 – Requires that students complete 50 hours at the internship
- FA 340 – Requires that students complete 150 hours at the internship
UTNY Internship Courses
- FA 640 – Requires that students complete 300 hours at the internship in the fall or spring semester or 180 hours in the summer.
- FA 940 – Requires that students complete 450 hours at the internship in the fall or spring semester or 270 hours in the summer.
FA 640 and FA 940 are only available to students participating in UTNY. Students participating in UTNY must enroll in either FA 640 or FA 940. If UTNY students wish to take FA 340, they should contact FACS for more information.