Professional Development Travel Fund
COFA Career Services is pleased to offer financial support to qualifying students who need assistance funding travel to aid their professional development in the arts.
The Professional Development Travel Fund (PDTF) provides qualifying students with a $500 award to aid in funding travel for professional development opportunities. The fund is open to undergraduate and graduate students whose majors are in the College of Fine Arts.
Travel qualifying for funding includes, but is not limited to:
- Conference attendance
- Masterclasses or intensives
- Networking trips
We encourage students to apply for funding associated with individualized experiences that support their professional development in the arts.
Funds may NOT be used for:
- Books, journal subscriptions, tapes, CDs or DVDs
- Copying charges and application preparation costs
- Tuition and fees to any institution for course credit
- Computers or computer peripherals
Students may earn funding from PDTF once during their time at UT. Applications will be reviewed three times a year on January 15, May 15 and September 15. Applications (with a detailed budget) will be reviewed by a team of staff members at the College of Fine Arts, and the team will respond within two weeks of proposal deadline.
- Fall Semester Funding: September 15
- Spring Semester Funding: January 15
- Summer Semester Funding: May 15
Please note that you will need to provide the following documents in your application:
- A detailed budget form (template linked in application)
- Confirmation of your attendance at event for which you’re applying for funding