Fine Arts Career Services offers several internship courses. Each internship course is offered online in the fall, spring and summer semesters. During the summer, FA 140 and FA 340 will be offered through UT Extension only.
Each internship course follows the same curriculum, but the number of hours the student has to complete at the internship differs by course. Students must complete at least 50 hours per credit hour. Hours must be completed between the first day of classes and the last day of classes during the semester that the student is enrolled in the course.
For assistance with internship searching, schedule an appointment with a career coach. For questions regarding how the internship might fit into your degree plan, contact your academic advisor.
Students will not be permitted to add the class after the 12th class day (4th class day in the summer).
- Internships must be arts-related.
- While social distancing efforts are in place, the College of Fine Arts is allowing virtual internships.
- Interns must be supervised and mentored by someone who is considered an expert in the field.
- All hours must be completed during the semester in which the student is enrolled in the course.
- Internships should last the majority of the semester.
- All internships must be approved by Fine Arts Career Services. FACS reserves the right to reject an internship if the opportunity is deemed inappropriate.
Internship Courses Offered:
FA 140 – Requires that students complete 50 hours at the internship
FA 340 – Requires that students complete 150 hours at the internship
UTNY Internship Courses:
FA 640 – Requires that students complete 300 hours at the internship in the fall or spring semester or 180 hours in the summer.
FA 940 – Requires that students complete 450 hours at the internship in the fall or spring semester or 270 hours in the summer.
FA 640 and FA 940 are only available to students participating in UTNY. Students participating in UTNY must enroll in either FA 640 or FA 940. If UTNY students wish to take FA 340, they should contact FACS for more information.
How to Enroll:
Prior to enrolling in an internship course, students must:
- Secure an internship in the arts. Students who have not secured an internship will not be permitted to enroll.
- Before applying, contact your academic advisor to determine if course enrollment is appropriate for your degree program. plan. If your internship meets requirements, follow the application instructions below to gain course registration access.
- Login to your Handshake account (utaustin.joinhandshake.com/login)
- Click the Career Center icon
- Click Experiences
- Click Request an Experience
- Select Experience Type titled College of Fine Arts Internship Course Agreement
- Complete the form
- Click Request Experience
Once the form is completed and your application will be reviewed. If approved, you will receive an email with course registration information.
- Once FACS approved your Handshake Experience request, you will receive an email confirming your enrollment or access to register yourself for the course.
- Students will not be permitted to add the class after the 12th class day (4th class day in the summer).
- We encourage you to complete the Experience Request Form as soon as you have secured your internship to ensure your internship is approved before the registration deadline.