Fine Arts Career Services offers several internship courses. Each internship course is offered online in the fall, spring and summer semesters. During the summer, FA 140 and FA 340 will be offered through UT Extension only.
Each internship course follows the same curriculum, but the number of hours the student has to complete at the internship differs by course. Students must complete at least 50 hours per credit hour. Hours must be completed between the first day of classes and the last day of classes during the semester that the student is enrolled in the course.
For assistance with internship searching, email Fine Arts Career Services to schedule an appointment. For questions regarding how the internship might fit into your degree plan, contact your academic advisor.
Intern Contracts must be returned by the first Friday of the semester. Students will not be permitted to add the class after the 12th class day (4th class day in the summer).
- Internships must be arts-related.
- While social distancing efforts are in place, the College of Fine Arts is allowing virtual internships.
- Interns must be supervised and mentored by someone who is considered an expert in the field.
- All hours must be completed during the semester in which the student is enrolled in the course.
- Internships should last the majority of the semester.
- All internships must be approved by Fine Arts Career Services. FACS reserves the right to reject an internship if the opportunity is deemed inappropriate.
Internship Courses Offered:
FA 140 – Requires that students complete 50 hours at the internship
FA 340 – Requires that students complete 150 hours at the internship
UTNY Internship Courses:
FA 640 – Requires that students complete 300 hours at the internship in the fall or spring semester or 180 hours in the summer.
FA 940 – Requires that students complete 450 hours at the internship in the fall or spring semester or 270 hours in the summer.
FA 640 and FA 940 are only available to students participating in UTNY. Students participating in UTNY must enroll in either FA 640 or FA 940.
How to Enroll:
Prior to enrolling in an internship course, students must:
- Secure an internship in the arts. Students who have not secured an internship will not be permitted to enroll.
- Complete the Internship Contract Request form. Do not complete this form until you have secured an internship
- Once you complete the above request form, a docusign contract will be sent to you within 48 business hours. You must complete and the sign the contract within 48 hours of receiving it. Once you sign the contract, it will immediately be sent to your internship supervisor to sign. Please make sure to let your supervisor know that they should expect to receive an email with a docusign contract and ask them to sign the contract as soon as possible.
- It is the student’s responsibility to communicate with the internship supervisor and ensure they sign the docusign contract prior to the contract deadlines listed above.
- Once the contract has been signed by all parties, each signer will automatically receive an email with a link to download a copy of the contract.
- Once FACS approved your contract, you will receive an email confirming that your internship meets the FACS guidelines and you will be able to register yourself for the course.
- Contracts must be returned by the first Friday of the semester. Students will not be permitted to add the class after the 12th class day (4th class day in the summer).
- We encourage you to complete the Internship Contract Request Form and the contract as soon as you have secured your internship to ensure your internship is approved and your contract is processed before the registration deadlines.