Welcome to Fine Arts Student Affairs!
NOTICE: Due to safe social distancing , the Fine Arts Office of Student Affairs is currently working remotely as a virtual office through the Summer 2020 semester. If you are a Fine Arts undergraduate student and need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is our office’s official mode of communication, and we will be checking for messages during regular business hours of 8:00am-5:00pm. Any inquiries about your coursework and your academic standing should be directed to your departmental advisor .
Also, for the Fall 2020 semester, our office has Zoom “walk-in” hours!
- We will be hosting Zoom walk-in hours Monday – Thursday from 1-4pm.
- You will first be greeted by a student worker and then sent into a break-out room to meet with an advisor!
- To join the meeting, just log into UT Zoom with your EID and password, and then click the Zoom link: https://utexas.zoom.us/j/96318925400.
- You can also join by entering the Meeting ID: 963 1892 5400
Here is some additional helpful information for you to get through this strange semester:
Finally, we also stand in solidarity with our black students and students of color and believe that their creative work will be seen and heard and will make a difference. We would like to direct you to the Fine Arts Diversity Council’s statement and their list of resources to give you the College’s perspective on these matters. Though we live in a time of uncertainty, what is certain is our ability to connect as creative people within a creative community.
Thank you! We wish CoFA undergraduates the best during this difficult time!
-Fine Arts Student Affairs Staff
– – – – –
The Office of Student Affairs, a part of the College of Fine Arts Dean’s Office, is the primary resource for advising and academic services for all College of Fine Arts undergraduates. We are here to help you understand your degree plan and navigate University of Texas at Austin bureaucracy. Please contact email@example.com with any questions you may have, and a Student Affairs staff member will be happy to help!
What we do:
- Fine Arts degree advising
- Registration approvals (drops, adds, and withdrawals)
- Graduation applications
- Academic and degree planning
- Pre-approval to take coursework at other institutions
- Coordinate participation in student-related events such as:
- New Student Orientation
- New Student Welcome
- Referral for other campus resources and support services at UT Austin
CoFA undergraduate students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the following reasons:
- Pass/Fail status changes for a class
- Applying to graduate
- Substitution Petitions, for applying credit to a degree requirement.
- Late adds and other registration appeals
- Advising for taking a course at another academic institution
- General university policy and procedure advising and referrals