Welcome to Fine Arts Student Affairs!
The Office of Student Affairs, a part of the College of Fine Arts Dean’s Office, is the primary resource for academic advising and services for all College of Fine Arts undergraduates. We are here to help you understand your degree plan and navigate University of Texas at Austin bureaucracy. Please feel free to visit us at the E. William Doty Fine Arts Building (DFA), Suite 1.103!
What we do:
- General academic advising
- Graduation applications
- Registration approvals (drops, adds, and withdrawals)
- Pre-approval to take coursework at other institutions
- Coordinate participation in student-related events such as:
- New Student Orientation
- New Student Welcome
- Referral for other campus resources and support services at UT Austin.
Reasons to visit the CoFA Office of Student Affairs (DFA 1.103):
- Applying to graduate
- Substitution Petitions, for applying credit to a degree requirement.
- Late adds and other registration appeals
- Advising for taking a course at another academic institution
- Pass/Fail status changes for a class
- General university policy and procedure advising and referrals