ADVISING AND REGISTRATION
Fine Arts Student Affairs and the Advising Team hopes you are all doing as best you can in this difficult situation. Thank you all for being patient with us as CoFA Student Affairs has worked on being able to continue virtual academic advising services in light of social distancing.
Your academic advisor will is available to you via email (see below) and also by appointment. Please contact them (information below) to inquire about how to set up an one-on-one appointment. Please feel free to reach out to them during normal business hours, 8am to 5pm on weekdays, with questions regarding your future class schedules and your degree plan.
Here’s how you can prepare yourself for registration in any given semester!
- Check your Registration Information Sheet (RIS) to find out your registration access times and see if you have any registration bars. RIS pages will be updated for registration soon.
- Review your Interactive Degree Audit to see which degree requirements you still need to meet. Click the “Access IDA Now” button. Then click on “Audit Results” on the left-hand side—there could already be a recent audit there for you to review.
- Look at your CoFA degree plan to review degree requirements. You can also find Core Curriculum Lists here.
- Review the Course Schedule to explore class options. The course schedule will be released in early April.
- Need a reminder of how to register? Watch this video for step-by-step instructions on the registration process.
And here are some helpful tips about managing your registration!
- Please contact Texas One Stop with any questions regarding your financial aid, tuition, and billing.
- In the course schedule, please be sure to check prerequisites by clicking on the unique number (the blue 5 digit number). If you register for a class and don’t meet the prerequisites, you may be dropped eventually.
- If you have questions about the content of a course, please feel free to contact the instructor via email! You can also look at a record of old syllabi via Access Syllabi and CVs.
Please know that your advisors and the Office of Student Affairs are here for you during this incredible challenge. Please reach out to them with questions or concerns. We can at least forward you to someone who can help. We are all in this together!
Who is my departmental advisor?
Department of Art and Art History
Marie Du Mond
School of Design and Creative Technologies
Doris Gilbert – AET
Sofi Alarcon – Design
Butler School of Music
Department of Theatre and Dance