- Mine and Yours, or Ours: Are All Egalitarian Relationships Equal?It turns out there is a big difference between dividing up the tasks so that each partner does different ones versus sharing or alternating the same tasks, so that partners contribute equally to each.
- Mothers Are the Primary Earners in Growing Numbers of Families with ChildrenA new study estimates that about 70% of U.S. moms can expect to be primary financial providers before their children turn 18.
- “The Tool We Have”: Why Child Protective Services Investigates So Many Families and How Even Good Intentions BackfireA briefing paper prepared by Kelley Fong from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- How Dads Make a Difference for Their ChildrenJune 18, 2020 Fast Facts for Father’s Day (June 21, 2020): A fact sheet prepared by Sarah Schoppe-Sullivan, Ohio State University and Kari Adamsons, University of Connecticut for the Council […]
- CCF’s Stephanie Coontz on Paying Stay-at-Home Parents in The New York TimesIn a recent article for the New York Times, CCF Director of Research and Public Education Stephanie Coontz discusses the potential implications of paying stay-at-home parents, a role most often […]
- Parents Can’t Go It Alone–They Never Have: What to Do for Parents to Help Our Next GenerationParents Can’t Go It Alone introduces you to important new work about what parents need to meet their goals and successfully raise the next generation.
- Why No One Can “Have It All” and What to Do About ItA briefing paper prepared by Kathleen Gerson, New York University, for the Council on Contemporary Families’ Symposium Parents Can’t Go It Alone—They Never Have. If debates about women’s rights, relationships […]
- Who Goes to Jail for Child Support Debt?A Research Brief Prepared for the University of Texas at Austin Population Research Center Research Brief Series Elizabeth Cozzolino Introduction Child support enforcement aims to increase child well-being by ensuring that […]
- “Daddy’s Home!” Increasing Men’s Use of Paternity Leave“DADDY’S HOME!” INCREASING MEN’S USE OF PATERNITY LEAVE This briefing is based on a study by Dr. Ankita Patnaik. The original paper is available here and is forthcoming in the Journal of […]
- CCF Civil Rights Symposium: The State of Latino ChildrenBy Rogelio Sáenz University of Texas at San Antonio Latinos are increasingly driving the demographic fortunes of the United States. Between 2000 and 2011, the number of white children in […]
- Mother’s Day Fact Sheet on Day CareMay 11, 2008 Download Full Report as a PDF Download Full Report as a Word Document Valerie Adrian Research Intern Council on Contemporary Families Stephanie Coontz Professor of History and […]