Diabetes management for homebound older adults through meals and connection.
- Program: Meals for Me: Managing Diabetes at Home
- Population: People with limited resources with unmanaged diabetes, who can receive meals mid-day (part-time work, retired, etc)
- Partners: Meals on Wheels of Central Texas
- Location: Austin, TX
Question: If nutritional makeup is held constant, how does a weekly dropshipment of frozen meals compare to daily delivery with check-ins in food intake and management of diabetes (Hemoglobin A1C)?
- Components: Meal delivery, dropshipment vs. human connection & support
- Outcomes: Hemoglobin A1C, Mental Health
- Time Period (first results): 6 months
- Results: Randomized trial in progress; 5 recruited (1/23)