INFEWS Scholars will spend at least one summer or semester interning at a government agency, private company, or nonprofit organization.
- Studies have shown that experiential learning increases student proficiency, self-efficacy, and retention
We already have agreements to host interns with the following:
- Government agencies:
- Texas Water Development Board (TWDB)
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA)
- Water focused consulting companies:
- GSI Environmental, Inc.
- Carollo Engineers, Inc.
The LBJ School of Public Affairs places up to 150 students in internships per year, with assignments to nonprofit, federal, state, and city/county organizations. Students will be placed via the LBJ School as well.