- -10.2022- Professor Nanshu Lu has been elected as a fellow member of the ASME! Lu was selected for “inventing wearable e-tattoos for biometric sensing and soft e-skins for soft robots to gain human-like sensations.”
- -10.2022- Congratulations to our ECE PhDs Sarnab Bhattacharya and Philip Tan on winning the NSF Student Travel Award to attend IEEE/ACM CHASE 2022! This award is a recognition of their strong academic background and research potentials in the field of Connected Health.
- – 7.2022 – We all would like to join together in celebration to recognize the significant achievement of Heeyong passing his ASE written qualifying exam!
- – 7.2022 – Excellent job for Sarnab and Hyonyoung on receiving the CSE Fellowship!
- – 6.2022 – Big congratulations to Yifan and Zhengjie on being awarded the CSE Fellowship!
- – 5.2022 – Our incredible undergraduate Chase and his senior design team has earned first place at the Capstone Design Team Competition! Congratulations and we are so happy to see the fruits of your efforts shine brightly!
- – 5.2022 – Our remarkable undergraduate Shreya has earned first place at the BME GURU Research Symposium! Congratulations and we are so proud of you!
- – 5.2022 – Our fantastic colleague Kyoung-ho has defended his dissertation gracefully and is now Dr. Ha! Congratulations and we can’t wait to see what your future holds!
- – 4.2022 – Our wonderful colleague Hongwoo has elegantly defended his dissertation and is now Dr. Jang! Congratulations and we wish you well on your next adventure!
- – 4.2022 – Our precious colleague Xiangxing has expertly defended his dissertation and is now Dr. Yang! Congratulations and we look forward to your future achievements!
- – 3.2022 – Our beloved colleague Siyi has masterfully defended his dissertation and is now Dr. Liu! Congratulations and good luck with your future endeavors!
- – 2.2022 – Dr. Lu will be promoted to full professor in September 2022. An outstanding and wonderful achievement!
- – 12.16.2021 – Professor Nanshu Lu gives an EML Webinar: Soft Electronics for Digitizing Human Body and Human-Centered Robotics. Click the title or image below to view the recording.
- – 12.2021 – Nanshu Lu Receives Thomas J.R. Hughes Young Investigator Award: https://www.ae.utexas.edu/news/nanshu-lu-receives-thomas-j-r-hughes-young-investigator-award. Congratulations Dr. Lu!
- – 10.2021 – Pneumonia e-tattoo is reported by the Daily Texan paper: https://thedailytexan.com/2021/10/08/dt-10-8-21/#4
- – 10.2021 – Philip has won a $50,000 prize in the National Academy of Medicine (NAM) Healthy Longevity Global Competition Catalyst Phase: https://nam.edu/2021-awardees-global-longevity-competition/. It is beyond amazing and HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Philip!
- – 09.2021 – Kyoungho’s publication is reported by CSE: https://cockrell.utexas.edu/news/archive/9351-soft-pressure-sensor-breakthrough-solves-field-s-most-challenging-bottleneck
- – 2021 – Kyoungho is granted the Warren A. and Alice L. Meyer Endowed Scholarship in Engineering. Great job Kyoungho!
- – 2021 – Yifan is selected for the Warren A. and Alice L. Meyer Endowed Scholarship in Engineering. Congrats to Yifan!
- – 2021 – Jonathan was awarded the Cockrell School of Engineering (CSE) Multiyear Fellowship (either Thrust 2000, Virginia and Ernest Cockrell, Jr., Engineering Doctoral or MCD). Congratulations to Jonathan!
- – 2021 – Philip received the CSE fellowship (Virginia and Earnest Cockrell, Jr. Fellowship). Well done Philip!
- – 2021 – Xiangxing was bestowed the George J. Heuer, Jr. Ph.D. Endowed Graduate Fellowship. Way to go Xiangxing!
- – 2021 – Heeyong was granted the Virginia and Ernest Cockrell, Jr. Fellowship. Great work Heeyong!
- – 2021 – Danny earns the Provost’s Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania
- – 2021 – Danny is awarded the Graduate Archer Fellowship, The University of Texas System
- – 03.2021 – Revath took the Undergraduate Research Fellowship(URF). Congratulation to Revath and Philip!
- – 2020 – Danny is rewarded the Cullen M. Crain Endowed Scholarship in Engineering, Cockrell School of Engineering.
- – 2020 – Danny receives One-Year Grant, Point Foundation: The National LGBTQ Scholarship Fund
- – 11.2020 – Santi won the Best Presentation Award in the Nanomaterials track at the Rice Undergraduate Symposium. Congratulations to Santi!
- – 10.2020 – Samuel took the Undergraduate Research Fellowship (URF). Congratulations to Samuel!
- – 08.2020 – Our group members are awarded Cockrell School of Engineering Fellowships. Congratulations to all!
- Yifan – Eric Baker lll Memorial Graduate Scholarship from Cockrell school of Engineering
- Kyoungho – Philip C. and Linda L. Lewis Foundation Graduate Fellowship in Mechanical Engineering
- Sangjun – Philip C. and Linda L. Lewis Foundation Graduate Fellowship in Mechanical Engineering
- Danny – Cullen M. Crain Endowed Scholarship in Engineering
- Siyi – Warren A. and Alice L. Meyer Endowed Scholarship in Engineering
- – 04.2020 -Rebecca won the Stanford Engineering 5 Quarter Fellowship. Congratulations to Rebecca!
- – 04.2020 – Daniel Sanchez won Ford Foundation 2020 Dissertation Fellowship Competition. Congratulations to Danny!
- – 03.2020 – Philip took Second-place Texas Student Research Showdown in STEM category. Congratulation to Philip!
- – 03.2020 – Dr. Zhaohe Dai secured a Marie Skłodowska Curie Individual Fellowship in Oxford. Congratulations to Dr. Dai
- – 02.2020 – Daniel Sanchez received 2020 Women In Engineering Program GLUE Mentor Award
- – 02.2020 – “Stretchable Tattoo-Like Heater with On-Site Temperature Feedback Control” published in Micromachines has been selected as the best paper in 2019.
- – 02.2020 – Philip Tan is selected as a recipient of the Undergraduate Research Fellowship for his proposal “Continuous Stroke Prediction and Detection”. Congrats, Philip!
- 09.2019 – Hongwoo Jang received George J. Heuer, Jr. Ph.D. Endowed Graduate Fellowship. Congrats!
- 09.2019 – Jonathan Wells received CSE Multi-year fellowship. Congratulations to Jonathan!
- 09.2019 – Siyi Liu, Zhaohe Dai, and Yifan Rao received Eric Baker Becker III Memorial Graduate Scholarship. Congrats!
- 07.2019 – Zhaohe Dai received Professional Development Award to attend Gordon Research Conference Hong Kong. Congrats!
- 05.2019 – Melanie Murillo got 1st place in the GLUE division of the undergraduate poster competition. Melanie worked on the graphene transfer project with Daniel Sanchez. She also won 3 NSF REU positions for this summer! Congrats!
- 05.2019 – Zhaohe Dai is selected to receive a University Graduate Continuing Fellowship for 2019-2020.
- 12.2018 – Our PRL paper is selected as the Editors’ suggestion and the Cover.
- 11.2018 – Liu Wang earned 3rd place in 2018 ASME IMECE Track-15 NSF Poster Competition. Congratulations to Liu!
- 11.2018 – Hyoyoung Jeong has been selected for the 1st annual Engineering PhD Summit of EPFL. This year EPFL selected only 14 graduating PhD students from universities worldwide (4 from USA).
- 11. 2018 – Kyoung-Ho Ha received Philip C. and Linda L. Lewis Foundation Graduate Fellowship in Mechanical Engineering. Congratulations to Kyoung-Ho!
- 09. 2018 – Liu Wang, Siyi Liu, Zhaohe Dai and Yifan Rao received Warren A. and Alice L. Meyer Endowed Scholarship in Engineering. Congratulations to Liu, Siyi, Zhaohe, and our new member – Yifan!
- Zhaohe Dai received the 2018 Haythornthwaite Foundation Student Travel Award to attend IMECE 2018. Congratulations to Zhaohe!
- 02.2018 – Hyoyoung Jeong was awarded a distinguished Silver Prize in Bio Engineering & Life Science division at the 24th Annual Samsung HumanTech Paper Award. Congratulations to Hyoyoung! Only the top 2% out of approximately 2,000 papers are selected for the Sliver prize. The silver prize winner will receive approximately $ 10,000 (total for student and supervisor) in prize money. The topic of the submitted paper was “Battery-Free, Wireless, Multimodal Stretchable Electronic Tattoos Exploring a Modular Concept”.
- 11.2017 – Shutao Qiao earned 2nd place in 2017 ASME IMECE Track-19 NSF Poster Competition. Congrats!!
- 11.2017 – Zhaohe Dai received Global Research Fellowship. Congratulations to Zhaohe!
- 09.2017 – Christopher J. Brennan received Dr. Brooks Carlton Fowler Endowed Presidential Graduate Fellowship in Electrical Engineering. Congrats to Chris!
- 09.2017 – Shutao Qiao, Liu Wang, Siyi Liu and Zhaohe Dai received Warren A. and Alice L. Meyer Endowed Scholarship in Engineering. Congratulations to Shutao, Liu, Siyi and Zhaohe!
- 03.2017 – Undergraduate researcher, Irene Agnes Kuang, earned the distinction of 2nd place for the upperclassmen award in the Poster Exhibition on Engineering Research out of more than 80 posters. Congratulations to Irene!
- 03.2017 – MSE PhD student, Danny Sanchez, received 2017 National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) Fellowship. Congratulations to Danny!
- 09.2016 – Liu Wang received the CSE Harry Philip Whitworth Endowed Graduate Fellowship. Congratulations, Liu!
- 09.2016 – Danny Sanchez received the CSE Multiyear Fellowship. Congratulations, Danny!
- 08.2015 – Jason He received Charles W. Tolbert Endowed Presidential Scholarship in ECE. “Merit-based scholarship support to outstanding UT Austin students”. Strong work, Jason.
- 07.2015 – Taewoo Ha received Charles M. Simmons Endowed Presidential Fellowship in Engineering. “To recognize and support exceptional graduate students” of the University of Texas at Austin. Congratulations, Taewoo.
- 07.2015 – Ying-Chen Chen received George J. Heuer, Jr. Ph.D. Endowed Graduate Fellowship. “To recognize and support exceptional graduate students” of the University of Texas at Austin. Good job, Ying-Chen.
- 07.2015 – Liu Wang received Raynor L. Duncombe Endowed Fellowship in Aerospace Engineering. “To recognize and support exceptional graduate students” of the University of Texas at Austin. Nicely done, Liu.
- 07.2015 – Ying-Chen Chen received Taiwan Ministry of Education Technologies Incubation Scholarship. Wow, what a recognition, Ying-Chen.
- 07.2015 – Dr. Lu Received Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) Innovation and Career Development Award.
- 05.2015 – Dr. Lu received ONR Young Investigator Award. Thank you ONR, for believing in our ideas.
- 01.2015 – Dr. Lu received AFOSR Young Investigator Award. Thank you AFOSR, for recognizing our proposal.
- 07.2014 – Chris Brennan is awarded the Dr. Brooks Carlton Fowler Endowed Presidential Graduate Fellowship in Electrical and Computer Engineering. “To recognize and support exceptional graduate students” of the University of Texas at Austin. Congratulations, Chris.
- 05.2014 – Dr. Lu received 3M non-tenured faculty award (NTFA). In addition to a monetary gift, as the NTFA awardee, Dr. Lu is also invited to attend the 3M Science and Engineering Faculty Day (SEFD) event on June 10th and 11th, 2014 at the 3M Center in St. Paul, MN. Thank you 3M, for supporting our research.
- 04.2014 – Our prospective Master student (and current rock star undergrad researcher), Luke Nicolini, received a CSE recruiting fellowship. “Prestigious awards funded by the Graduate School to attract top quality graduate students to The University of Texas (UT).” Congratulations and keep up the good work, Luke.
- 02.2014 – Dr. Lu received NSF CAREER Award. Thank you NSF, for recognizing our ideas.
- 10.2013 – Shixuan Yang and Shutao Qiao received Haythornthwaite Foundation Travel Award to attend ASME 2013 IMECE. Thank you Haythornthwaite Foundation. Congratulations, Rocky and Shutao.
- 08.2013 – Shixuan (Rocky) Yang and Yalin Yu received George J. Heuer, Jr. Ph.D. Endowed Graduate Fellowship. Congratulations, Rocky and Sandy!
- 08.2013 – Shutao Qiao received Eugene A. Ripperger Scholarship. Congratulations, Shutao!
- 05.2013 – Shixuan Yang received PACAM XIII travel award. Congratulations, Rocky! (PACAM XIII)
- 02.2013 – Dr. Lu Received Netexplo 2013 Grand Prix at Paris, France.
- 10.2012 – Dr. Lu Received Haythornthwaite Foundation Research Initiation Grant.
- 08.2012 – Dr. Lu Selected to 2012 TR35.