Before the conference
- Practice the presentation on Zoom with any co-presenters
- If you have a handout you would like to include, please send it to one of the organizers for posting on the program alongside your abstract
Before your presentation
- Silence the notifications on your computer
- For Mac, go to System Preferences > Notifications. Under ‘Notifications’ set your computer to ‘Do Not Disturb’
- For PC, go to System Settings > Notifications & actions. Under ‘Notifications’ toggle off ‘Get notifications from apps and other senders’
- Turn off any automatic syncing (i.e., to cloud or onenote)
- Within your Zoom desktop app, go to Settings (top right gear icon) > Video. Under ‘Meetings’ check the box for ‘Hide non-video participants’ so that only the Session Chair and your co-presenters are visible to you during your presentation
During your presentation
- Make sure your sound and video are on
- To share your presentation, click on the green icon labeled ‘Share Screen’ at the bottom center of your Zoom screen. ONLY ONE PRESENTER WILL SHARE THEIR SCREEN AT A TIME.
- If you want to use Presenter View (vs. regular slide show), when you share your screen, show ‘Advanced’ options (top middle tab) and select ‘Portion of Screen’. This will produce a rectangle that you can move and center on the portion of your screen that you want the audience to see (the present slide).
- The Session Chair will introduce you and you will have 15 minutes to present your work, followed by 5 minutes for questions from attendees. TIME LIMITS WILL BE STRICTLY MAINTAINED FOR INDIVIDUAL TALKS, but presenters and attendees are encouraged to continue discussion at the end of the session.
- If Zoom crashes or continually gives you issues, notify your chair and host if you can and then sign out and restart zoom.
After your presentation
- Please turn off your video and audio and refer to attendee guidelines!