This is blog associated with a year-long course for MA students from the LBJ School of Public Affairs at the University of Texas-Austin. The course, supervised by Dr. Joshua Busby, will cover a number of topics related to global wildlife conservation including the recent uptick in poaching.
The sixteen contributors to the blog will be working in groups focused on six primary topics:
- the security implications of wildlife trafficking
- the impact of poaching on the ecotourism sector, particularly in Africa
- efforts to address the demand side for wildlife, particularly from Asia
- the impact of sport hunting on wildlife conservation
- the scope for public private partnerships to enhance wildlife conservation
- multilateral and regional initiatives to address wildlife conservation