Fine Arts Careers Services (FACS) and the College of Fine Arts (COFA) are pleased to announce two intern scholarship funds: The Meredith and Cornelia Long Internship Fund and the Becker Intern Scholarship. These need-based scholarships offer undergraduate and graduate fine arts majors the opportunity to professionalize their artistic and entrepreneurial ambitions.
Students must demonstrate significant financial need in order to receive a scholarship. Students may apply for up to $2,000 of funding to support their internship experience. Students who are traveling outside of Austin for their internship may apply for an additional $1,000 to use towards travel and lodging. Travel is on hold through May 2021.
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student with a major in COFA.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have identified an acceptable internship. You do not have to have an internship secured at the time of the scholarship application. Virtual and remote internships will be permitted for the 2020-2021 Long Session.
- Please note that student teaching positions are not eligible for the Intern Scholarship.
- Please note that internships requiring the student to pay a fee to participate are not eligible for the Intern Scholarship.
- As of Spring 2018, students may only receive the Intern Scholarship once during their time at UT. Students who received the Intern Scholarship prior to 2018 are eligible to receive the scholarship twice during their time at UT.
- In order to support as many students as possible, students may not receive COFA internship funding for the same internship in more than one semester. For example, if you receive a UTNY scholarship for an internship at The Whitney in the spring and your internship is extended through the summer, you will not be eligible to receive the Intern Scholarship for The Whitney internship in the summer.
- Off-campus internships are highly encouraged and will receive funding priority.
The application for the Fall 2021 semester will be available in early June. Check back here to apply.
You will need to sign-in with a google or utexas account in order to complete the application
As part of the application you will be asked to:
- Upload an updated resume
- Upload the completed budget form
- Write a 250-300 word statement demonstrating the opportunity’s professional significance
- Write a 250-300 word statement demonstrating the student’s financial need
- Statements that are under or over the word count will be disqualified
Students who are awarded a scholarship must:
- Provide written documentation of an offer from the employer
- Enroll in an approved Fine Arts internship course: FA 140, FA 340, DES 360, AET 368, AET 369 and successfully complete all assignments on time. Graduate students please contact FACS about course options.
- Complete at least 150 hours of internship work hours during the funded semester
- Write a thank you letter to the donor
Spring Semester Funding: Monday, Nov 9, 2020
Summer Semester Funding: Monday, April 19, 2021
Fall Semester Funding: Monday, July 19, 2021