September 26-27, 2020
Transition to Virtual
Out of an abundance of caution for our frontline pharmacists and longtime participants of the Pharmacy Practice Seminar (PPS), this year’s seminar will take place virtually. There is a silver lining – you will finally have the opportunity to attend your favorite annual pharmacy conference from the comfort of your own home!
What to Expect
We are working tirelessly to ensure Virtual PPS is easy to use and accessible to anyone who wishes to participate, and most importantly that it checks all the same boxes as traditional PPS.
2020 Virtual PPS will feature the following:
- Easy online registration and event accessibility (we are using the same online platform we have been using for online registration and online evaluations the past few years!)
- Opportunities to ask questions and interact with speakers
- Presenters who are dynamic, engaging, and field experts
- Diverse selection of relevant and timely pharmacy practice topics
- Useful information that can easily be applied in practice
- CE requirements for license renewal (including LIVE credit for those states that require it!)
- Sterile compounding and immunization CE sessions INCLUDED this year!
- Feel connected with your fellow pharmacists
- Excellent customer support throughout the entire event
- View the list of 2020 PPS topics that will be covered this year
Offering PPS virtually this year has allowed us to pass along significant registration discounts.
- Pharmacist Registration (before September 1): $199
- Technician Registration: $50
- UT Preceptor/Faculty/Resident Registration (before September 1): $175
- See Discount Codes on the Registration page.
This annual Continuing Pharmacy Education activity is developed by The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy as the perfect solution for pharmacists and technicians to stay abreast of knowledge and trends that impact current pharmacy practice and meet specific requirements for relicensure. The Pharmacy Practice Seminar (PPS) is FULL of relevant and practical content (26 CE hours), which is useful in community, hospital, and all other types of pharmacy practice.
Sterile Compounding & Immunization Update – Included with PPS This Year!
We want to help make CE a little more accessible while you focus on providing care to your communities during the pandemic. The 2020 Immunization Update and 2020 Sterile Compounding Update are INCLUDED with PPS registration this year, at no additional cost! Typically, these certification maintenance courses require separate registration as pre-seminar activities, offered the Friday evening prior to PPS. These updates help pharmacists and technicians to maintain their sterile compounding and immunization certifications (see more below).
INCLUDED with PPS Registration!
The 2020 Sterile Compounding Update is designed for pharmacists and technicians who have already completed their sterile compounding training and are now seeking CE in order to maintain their certification. This 2-hour session meets the TSBP sterile compounding CE requirement for pharmacists/technicians engaged in low- and medium-risk sterile compounding. NOTE: This year’s PPS registration will include an additional 2-hour Sterile Compounding Update, so participants may earn up to 4 hours total.
INCLUDED with PPS Registration!
The 2020 Immunization Update is a 3-hour course designed for pharmacists who are already certified to administer immunizations and vaccinations. This course is designed to maintain competency in the disease states, drugs, and administration of immunizations or vaccinations. NOTE: This Immunization Update course meets the TSBP-required 3 hours of immunization-focused CE credit to maintain immunization certification.