Cinque Terre – Sketchbook

IMG_3108Cinque Terre Day Trip was a heavy influence on my decision to focus on vegetation in urban areas and developments within the city. Overall Milan has been very groomed and the plants and trees are contained with much maintenance. In Cinque Terre, many of the plants just grow wildly and they take over the area they are growing in. Personally I stayed in Manarola, and noticed there was a large population of elderly people, so one thought was that the flowers and plants were not as contained because it would be harder to control plants at such a steep level for older generations of people. Another spot in Manarola, was the cemetery had crazy amount of pink flower bush, which I’m pretty sure was Bourgenvilla. I liked how the flowers took over the cemetery with new life, in comparison to other cemeteries that have dead flowers sadly sitting on top a tombstone. Manarola was where I noticed the most plant life because it was more quiet. While traveling to Monterosso I’m sure I missed lots of vegetation but the crazy amount of tourists walking within area was very overwhelming and it made enjoying the area around very difficult. Cinque Terre had beautiful plant life, despite the overwhelming amount of tourists. I hope to be able to hike the whole thing If I ever get the opportunity to go back.sketch 5