Students auditioning for the color guard of the Longhorn Band (both new and returning members) must submit a video audition. Please record yourself performing all the audition material. Your full body must be visible throughout the video. We prefer that your audition video be either one continuous video, or if filmed in multiple takes, edited together as one long video.
Your video audition consists of:
- An unlisted YouTube video with your name and EID to email@example.com. Submissions due by May 28th, 2021.
- Introduction (name, hometown, year in school, major)
- Basic Warm-Up: Please prepare each of these exercises separately, but in assembled into one video. Do not worry about doing the full warm-up at this time.
- Carve exercise + carve tosses
- Box exercise
- Continuous drop spins + lunge exercise
- Pull hits exercise
- Peter Pan exercise
Attire and appearance: all black, form fitting ensemble in either shorts, tights or leggings so your feet and ankles can be seen. Make sure your face can be seen. If need be, please pin hair back.
When you are ready to submit your video audition, please send a link (Unlisted and not Private if on YouTube) to your video no later than May 28, 2021 with your name and UT EID to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will complete the submission of your audition, and you can expect to hear from our office via email approximately one week after your submission informing you of your audition result.
The video submission deadline is May 28, 20201.