Deadline: June 23 (Fall); December 1 (Spring)
“Learn Russian in the European Union” is accepting applications for 2020/2021 Academic Year and 2020 Fall Semester study abroad programs hosted at Daugavpils University, Latvia.
The following for-credit programs are available to Russian majors and students who are not majoring in Russian, but study the language:
– Russian Language and Political Science;
– Russian Language and East European Studies;
– Russian Language, Literature, and Culture;
– Russian Language and Natural Sciences/STEM (math, physics, biology, chemistry, and environmental studies) with theory and laboratory practice in English/Russian.
American and Canadian citizens do not need a visa to study in Latvia.
Daugavpils University awards up to 30 ECTS credits per semester – the equivalent of 15 credit hours at American universities.
Daugavpils, the second largest city in Latvia, is a unique place – a Russian-language enclave and the most Russian city in the European Union. Students will undergo full linguistic immersion and amazing cultural experience in a city that was once part of both the Russian Empire and the Soviet Union, and which has a remarkable historical legacy tied to Russia and Russian-European relations.
Daugavpils University, established in 1921, is Eastern Latvia’s foremost academic and research institution. Daugavpils University has Bachelor, Master and Doctoral programs.
For all of the details please visit http://www.learnrussianineu.com/semester-abroad-programs.
All “Learn Russian in the EU” academic year/semester study abroad programs include:
– Intensive Russian as a Foreign Language core course, which is taught at Intermediate, Advanced or Superior target proficiency levels.
– Elective courses that vary based on the selected program. The course catalog is available at https://www.learnrussianineu.com/for-students/for-credit-courses-hosted-at-daugavpils-university.
– Full linguistic and cultural immersion in the most Russian city of the European Union.
– Accommodation with Russian-speaking host families is available.
– Native Russian-speaking student communication partners.
– Excursions, field trips, cultural, and athletic activities.
– Local health insurance, two-way airport transfer, a local mobile phone, and a full orientation.
– An optional guided trip to Russia or Belarus. Visas can be obtained from consulates located in Daugavpils.
Student testimonials are available at https://www.learnrussianineu.com/for-students/what-do-our-students-say.