Deadline for Registration: February 28, 2018
Slavic and Eurasian Language Resource Center
Summer Workshop in Language Pedagogy, Technologies,
Research and Proficiency Testing
July 23-25, 2018
The Duke Slavic and Eurasian Language Resource Center will host a summer workshop from July 23 to July 25, 2018 on Language Pedagogy, Research & Proficiency Testing, and is pleased to invite applications from interested K-12 and university faculty, scholars, graduate students, and professionals to enroll in the workshop.
There is an additional session devoted exclusively to Russian language proficiency testing training and certification in CEFR proficiency testing from July 26-29, 2018.
Topics of presentations at previous workshops have included:
• Neuroimaging and multilingualism
• Teaching language and culture through film
• Language proficiency testing
• Specialized language instruction at the advanced and superior levels
• The use of technology in the language classroom
• Integrating heritage students in the language classroom
• Addressing the needs of differently-abled students
• Using computer technologies to create pedagogical materials
• The role of grammar in proficiency-based instruction
• Popular culture and language instruction
• Web resources for language teachers
Individuals interested in enrolling in the workshop should write to Jessica Dougherty at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 28, 2018. There are no registration or participation fees for the workshop. Modest funding support to defray expenses for travel and accommodations is available for participants.