To incentivize application for external grant funding the College of Fine Arts and the Office of the Vice President for Research, Scholarship and Creative Endeavors will jointly fund $10,000 each to the Fine Arts Co-Sponsorship Grant. The co-sponsorship grant will provide up to $2000 in research funding to any PI or co-PI who is awarded external grant funding. The grant is intended to help faculty cover direct costs during the first academic year of their sponsored research, related to lower-level expenses that accrue over the course of a project, such as documentation, copyright, licensing fees, field travel, and/or equipment. Faculty should expect to cover larger scale expenses with funding from the awarded external grant.
This co-sponsorship grant will be automatic upon receipt of completed application described below. Awards will be made as applications are received, until this program’s annual funding allocation of $20,000 is exhausted. Therefore, this program has a rolling deadline that never expires.
- College of Fine Arts’ faculty with PI or Co-PI status.
- Award must support faculty research, projects, or creation of work. Awards for educational program development, or student fellowship support only are ineligible.
- COFA Co-PIs will only receive up to $2000 per funded grant, not per collaborator.
- Award must be a minimum of $8,000 awarded to UT the entity, and not directly to the PI.
- Sub awards greater than $8,000 to UT from another university are eligible.
To apply, please send the following applications materials to Tim Creswick via e-mail at email@example.com:
- Award letter or confirmation of award from granting organization, including dollar amount and terms of award.
- Grant proposal submitted to the organization.
- Budget submitted with grant proposal to the organization.
- Copies of the grant application’s peer reviews if available.
Page last updated: 7/28/2023