Deadline for Applications: March 16, 2018
Deadline: March 16, 2018
Contact Information: info “at” arisc. org
The American Research Institute of the South Caucasus invites proposals from collaborative teams in support of the preservation and conservation of the Republic of Armenia’s archaeological and historical heritage. This ARISC program, generously funded by Project Discovery! and donors, seeks to foster joint work between American and Armenian scholars and institutions dedicated to the proper curation and preservation of heritage materials such as artifacts, sites, and manuscripts. Successful applications will demonstrate substantive collaborations that not only contribute to heritage conservation but also demonstrate efforts to build capacity and enhance local knowledge of current techniques and approaches to heritage management. These grants require active participation of both American and Armenian principal investigators in all aspects of the collaborative project.
Examples of potential projects include:
- Restoration of threatened archaeological remains
- Stabilization of historical resources
- Long-term protection for archaeological sites or historical monuments
- Curation and permanent exhibition of heritage materials
- Cataloging and recording of collections
- Digitization of heritage materials for wider public access
- Enhancement of conservation lab facilities
- Advanced training for specialists
Given the level of funding, these awards can also be used as seed grants to demonstrate the feasibility of a pilot program and/or in concert with funds from parallel sources.
Grantees will be required to either give a talk or run a workshop pertinent to the subject of the grant while in Armenia. Continue reading