Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a member of Stratfor’s core team of analysts, you will be responsible for developing high-quality and forward-looking analysis related to corporate security, business continuity, cyber security, organized crime, and global terrorism. Analysts are responsible for ensuring that a broad range of clients are well served by proactively identifying critical crime, terrorism and business continuity issues while conducting deeper research on key topics to include terror and criminal attack cycles, and cyber-attack tactics. Stratfor Threat Lens helps corporate security leaders identify, anticipate, measure and mitigate risks that emerging threats pose to their people, assets and interests around the world. Clients rely on Threat Lens to pinpoint which evolving global events are truly significant so they can save time and make decisions with confidence.
Analysts also play a critical role in the Stratfor forecasting process and production of the Geopolitical Risk Index and Geopolitical Risk Monitor. Analysts have direct engagement with clients supporting inbound geopolitical inquiries while providing briefings.
Global Security Analysts will have the opportunity to partner with colleagues across the broader RANE organization and gain exposure to a range of industries and risk topics, including geopolitical; cyber and information; physical safety and security; and legal, regulatory, and compliance.
- Conducting research and analysis leveraging open source, as well as proprietary content/ data sets, and in-house subject matter experts
- Daily production of analytic content for distribution to Threat Lens client base
- Regular contributions to longer-form analytic pieces
- Active participation in quarterly, annual, and 10-year forecasting process
- Conducting RANE Expert interviews on key topical issues, as an input to content pieces or client inquiries
- Participating in calls to support current and potential Threat Lens clients.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Creativity and clarity in constructing clear, logical arguments with supporting evidence; Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent writing, research, briefing, and editorial capabilities—strong command of English grammar
- Rigor and resourcefulness in conducting research
- Well-rounded and in-depth understanding of global terrorism, cyber security, and personnel threat issues to include travel security and workplace threat issues
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple, time-sensitive client projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven professional environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across multiple internal teams and stakeholders; flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements is critical
- Entrepreneurial and proactive approach to work; ability to independently synthesize information and resources to identify opportunities and solutions
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree with demonstrated academic achievement required
- 2-4+ years relevant work experience
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Previous qualitative research and report-writing experience in a professional domain required
- Demonstrated sense of initiative and curiosity, willingness to ask questions and get answers
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to function in a start-up atmosphere, comfort with ambiguity and change
- Role will be based in Austin, TX