Deadline: Open Until Filled, May and June Depending on Position
***VOA’s Internship Program will be virtual through January 2021, and is smaller than our usual program. Please send in your application to the appropriate team and a manager will follow up if they are able to accept virtual interns.***
Are you motivated, hard-working, and enthusiastic? Think about becoming a VOA intern!
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Eligibility: Undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in an accredited college or university. We need people who are creative, energetic and willing to take initiative. You must be willing to work under pressure and have a desire to learn in a hands-on environment. Ideally, we prefer to have interns who are able to work with us a minimum of three days a week.
- Compensation: Voluntary and unpaid (though a transportation stipend is provided)
- Credit: College credit is available, depending on student’s school
- Majors: Journalism, Broadcasting, International Relations and related disciplines. We are also interested in Studio Production, Education, Graphics, Information and Library Studies, Communications and Public Relations majors.
- Benefits: Provides “real world” experience in a diverse and dynamic international broadcast network. We mentor, train and support our interns. You will leave your internship with VOA with enhanced skills and a portfolio to show to potential employers.
- Deadlines: Apply in January-March for summer internships, in May-June for fall internships, and October-November for spring internships. Allow 4-5 weeks for processing paperwork. All answers must be typed. Here is a helpful link to OPM’s explanation on how to fill in the form OPM guidance
- Application: Send resume, cover letter expressing desired focus of internship and teams you would like to work on, with subject line: Internship. Highlight experience that makes you a good candidate. Apply to: VOA-Internship-Program@voanews.com. Questions about the VOA Internship Program, contact: Patricia Bodnar: email@example.com
* Note to international students: Unfortunately, we are unable to assist in the procurement of United States visas.
Visit the Internship Opportunity Page for more information on the positions available!