Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position assists department’s executive assistant, assistant director, and outreach coordinator with administrative duties.
Currently, staff are working remotely. However, staff are expected to return to campus starting in August 2021.
- RECEPTION: Serve as the first point of contact answering phones for the Slavic Department, greeting and directing visitors and students, providing access to Slavic Department rooms and facilities as needed, and answering and fielding departmental inquiries. Maintain appearance and order of front office and departmental areas.
- ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT: Assist in making travel and lodging arrangements for faculty, staff, and visitors as requested. Maintain departmental files. Oversee work order requests, order supplies, IT requests, and outside vendor communication. Create scholarship documents for the Department. Serve as primary overseer of Department email address. Assist in website editing, as needed. Serve as primary DocuSign Unit Contact for Slavic Department and assist staff and faculty to electronically sign forms.
- DEPARTMENTAL LIAISON TO CENTRALIZED BUSINESS SERVICES: Serve as liaison to CoLA Centralized Business Services in all matters relating to reimbursements, travel, purchases, co-sponsorships, and entertainment expenses.
- FINANCIAL REPORTING: Assist the Executive Assistant with budget reconciliation for the Department and Center. Assist the Assistant Director with regular grant reporting as needed. Track and record expenses submitted to CoLA Centralized Business Services. Maintain working knowledge of account balances and provide balance updates to faculty and staff, when requested.
- EVENTS SUPPORT: Assist with set-up and clean-up of Departmental and Center events. Assist the Outreach Coordinator in arranging travel and lodging as well as room reservations for visiting speakers and guests. Assist with conference logistics and budget reconciliation.
High school diploma or GED. Three years of experience with clerical functions. Excellent and demonstrated oral and written communication skills (professional emails, phone). Excellent and demonstrated organizational skills. Professional demeanor. Ability to maintain punctual, dependable hours on a regular basis. Experience providing proactive exceptional customer service. Ability to work cooperatively as a team member and meet deadlines. Excellent multi-tasking skills and follow through. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree. Excellent organizational skills. More than one year clerical or customer related service experience. Experience using the Microsoft Office suite. Experience using Adobe Acrobat Pro. Experience working in fast-paced environments. Experience working with international visitors. Interest in the Russian, East European and Eurasian region or languages.
$35,000 + depending on qualifications
Typical office environment. This position may require some heavy lifting – packages, paper orders, etc.
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest