Study Abroad – Summer 2023
Russian as a Second Language (RSL): 4-10 weeks in Bishkek, Batumi, Yerevan, and Riga
The Arts and Architecture of Uzbekistan: 3.5 weeks of exploration and learning
Navigating the Future – Then and Now: 3.5 weeks in Tallinn, Riga, Tbilisi, and Yerevan
Security and Society Summer School: 4 weeks of security studies in Warsaw with travel to Krakow and Berlin, and a Russian language extension option in Yerevan
Ukrainian Language Workshop: Two 4-week sessions in Warsaw
Deadlines start from March 1. RSL programs can be combined with other summer programs.
INFO Sessions – click HERE to sign up for sessions on study abroad programs, classroom support, archive support, and faculty-led program planning.
Continue reading “Study Abroad: SRAS Study Tours and Summer Study Abroad Programs”
Deadlines: February 15 and March 15, 2023
Prospective students are encouraged to apply to the following programs:
Continue reading “American Councils 2023 Programming Abroad”
- Advanced Russian Language and Area Studies Program, currently offered at:
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (KazNU) in Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Yerevan State University in Yerevan, Armenia
- Balkan Language Initiative, which offers the following languages and locations:
- Albanian in Tirana, Albania
- Bosnian in Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Bulgarian in Sofia, Bulgaria
- Macedonian in Skopje, North Macedonia
- Serbian in Belgrade, Serbia
- Montenegrin and Serbian in Podgorica, Montenegro
- Eurasian Regional Language Program, offering 15 different languages, including:
- Kazakh in Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Azerbaijani and Turkish in Baku, Azerbaijan
- Kyrgyz in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- Romanian and Ukrainian in Chisinau, Moldova
- Pashto, Persian (Dari/Farsi/Tajiki), and Uzbek in Dushanbe, Tajikistan
- Chechen, Georgian, and Ukrainian in Tbilisi, Georgia
- Armenian in Yerevan, Armenia
- Overseas Professional and Intercultural Training Program (summer only):
- Internships in 19 different countries in the Balkans, Caucasus, East Asia, Eastern Europe, and Eurasia
- Disciplines in Business and Innovation, Democracy Building and Human Rights, Ecology and Environmental Issues, Education Management, Gender and Women’s Rights, Journalism and Mass Media, Marketing and Communications, Public Health, and Social Services
EUSP’s International programs division unites the best educational and research traditions of the European University at Saint Petersburg making them open to the students, scientists and specialists from all over the world.
Some of our international programs are conducted at our Yerevan campus — the EUSP Center for International Education Foundation. The location offers a safe environment combined with high-quality teaching by EUSP faculty, local Armenian scholars and foreign guest-lecturers. It also gives amazing opportunities to explore the region along with its rich heritage, history and unique way out of Soviet past.
Deadline: Monday, January 23, 2023
The American Research Institute of the South Caucasus (ARISC) invites applications to the South Caucasus Overseas Program for Educators (SCOPE) taking place in the summer of 2023.
SCOPE will consist of an immersive ten-day visit to Armenia and Georgia for post-secondary educators, with priority given to faculty at community colleges and minority serving institutions. The program will run in the South Caucasus from Tuesday, June 20 to Thursday, June 29, 2023.
The program will be co-led by regional experts Dr. Anna Ohanyan (Stonehill College) and Dr. Benjamin Bamberger (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign). SCOPE participants will attend lectures and workshops run by local academics, visit sites of historical and cultural significance, and engage with scholarly communities in Armenia and Georgia from a variety of disciplines. The program will also offer Introductory virtual talks on the regional languages prior to travel as well as opportunities to collect and develop curricular resources.
Continue reading “South Caucasus Overseas Program for Educators”
Deadline: February 1, 2023
The Monterey Initiative in Russian Studies (MIRS) at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey invites applications for the Monterey Summer Symposium on Russia 2023.
Continue reading “Monterey Summer Symposium on Russia (Armenia and Georgia)”
It is our pleasure to announce the upcoming Monterey Summer Symposium on Russia 2023. It will be held in Armenia and Georgia, running from July 2 to July 17, 2023. Armenia and Georgia are two very different countries, differently positioned geopolitically, though with shared history in the Soviet Union and Russian Empire. They stand at a proverbial crossroads of international affairs. China’s Belt and Road Initiative runs through the South Caucasus, which are crucial to global energy supplies. On energy and regional security, the United States plays an important role, while Turkey and Iran are neighboring countries, connected to Armenia and Georgia through bonds of tension and affiliation. Armenia and Georgia have been profoundly affected by Russia’s war in Ukraine, which has added degrees of uncertainty to a region long familiar with uncertainty.
Deadline: February 14, 2023
CEU Summer University offers high-level, research- and policy-oriented interdisciplinary courses from June 26 to July 31, 2023. All courses will be held in Budapest (with the exception of one, which will be taught in Vienna.)
We invite applications from advanced undergraduates, MA and Ph.D. students, postdocs, junior faculty, early-stage researchers, and practitioners for the short, intensive courses taught by teams of internationally renowned scholars and policy experts (including CEU and OSUN professors). Financial aid is available.
First upcoming application deadline: February 14, 2023
· Course Listings and link to the Application Form: https://summeruniversity.ceu.edu/courses
· Contact email: email@example.com
· Latest news and updates that can be shared: https://www.facebook.com/ceu.summer
Deadline: February 25, 2023; Info Session: December 2, 2022
The University of Arizona, in collaboration with Eurasian National University (ENU), is now accepting applications for the 2023 Summer Intensive Program in Russian and Eurasian Studies in Astana, Kazakhstan. We particularly welcome undergraduate as well as graduate students whose research focuses on Central Asia and students interested in learning multiple foreign languages. We accept all types of funding. The Arizona-in-Kazakhstan Program is fully FLAS compliant.
Continue reading “Summer Intensive Program in Russian & Eurasian Studies (Astana, Kazakhstan)”
Deadline: November 15, 2022
Earlier this year, we shared with you the call for participation in the winter school on oral history and memory research and their uses for studying the ongoing Russian invasion in Ukraine. The school will take place in Como (Italy) on January 23-27 2023 and is the result of cooperation between the University of Insubria (https://www.uninsubria.eu/) and the University of New Europe (https://neweurope.university/). On several requests, we extended the deadline for the applications until November 15, so this is the final call for the interested applicants. More information is available in the attached leaflet / via the link:
Deadline: December 9, 2022
The American Research Institute of the South Caucasus (ARISC) announces funding opportunities for 2022-23! Short descriptions below. Please check the website for full eligibility and application information.
- ARISC Junior Research Fellowship
- US citizens and permanent residents; $5,000
- ARISC Short Term Research Fellowships
- US citizens; $4,200/month up to 2 months
- ARISC Research and Mentoring Fellowships
- US citizens; up to $10,000
- ARISC Graduate/Postdoctoral Fellowships
- US or Canadian citizens/permanent residents; up to $2,250
- ARISC Honoraria for Lectures & Workshops
- US citizens; $250/lecture; $500/workshop
- ARISC Small Grants
- Students in the South Caucasus; $300
- ARISC Travel Grants
- Scholars in the South Caucasus presenting at conference/workshop; up to $3,000
- ARISC Collaborative Heritage Management Grant in Armenia
- Team with US and Armenian citizens; up to $4000
- ARISC Collaborative Heritage Management Fellowships in Azerbaijan or Georgia
- Team with US and Azerbaijani or Georgian citizens; up to $4000
Deadlines for all funding opportunities are Friday, December 9, 2022
Questions? See our new Frequently Asked Questions page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Continue reading “Funding: ARISC Funding Opportunities”