Departmental Announcements & Updates
Protect Texas Together (COVID Guidance, Campus Operations, Academic Planning)
Mental Health Guide for Graduate Students
Includes the following information:
- Counseling & mental health services (includes costs)
- Wellness and self-care activities
- Emergency & crisis contact info
- Graduate academic support & professional development
- Contacts for non-emergency issues
- Resources for academic (TA/AI/GRA) employees
Fall Deadlines & Graduation Information
Spring 2023 Registration Dates for Graduate Students
- January 5-8
- Registration for all students who have not yet registered. Bills due 5 pm, Jan 12.
- Add/drops for registered and paid students. Added tuition due Jan 25.
- January 9
- First class day.
- January 9 – 12
- JanuaryLate registration for all students not yet registered. $25 late fee in effect.
- Payment due 5:00pm Jan 12
- January 9 – January 25 Delete drop period.
- (First 12 class days) Classes added, dropped, and grade status changed online from Jan 9 – Jan 12.
- Classes added, dropped, and grade status changed in the department offering the course from Jan 13 – Jan 25.
- January 25
- JanuaryTuition and fee payment due by 5:00. Students with zero bills must confirm their registration online to prevent cancellation.
- January 13 – January 25
- Late registration for all students not yet registered through the department offering the course.
- $50 late fee in effect. Payment due 5:00pm Jan 25.
- Add/drop for students who are registered and paid. Add bills due Jan 25.
- January 25
- The Twelfth Class Day. Last day to add a course or drop a course with a refund.
- Payment for added classes due by 5:00.
- January 26 – February 6
- Q drop period. Courses may be dropped without academic penalty. Approval of the Graduate Adviser and Graduate Dean required.
- February 7 – April 24
- Q/F drop period. Dropping a course requires the approval of the instructor, who must assign a “Q” or “F,” the Graduate Adviser, and the Graduate Dean.
- March 31
- Last day to apply for a graduate degree
- April 7
- Last day a doctoral candidate may hold a dissertation defense for Spring 2023.
- April 17
- Last day to change grade status to or from the credit/no credit basis.
- Last day for new doctoral candidates to change registration to dissertation.
- April 21
- Last day to submit final paperwork to Graduate School for graduation.
- April 24
- Last class day. This is the last day to drop a class or withdraw from the spring semester.
Official Registration and Payment Deadline Schedules are published at https://registrar.utexas.edu/schedules
University Academic Calendar: https://registrar.utexas.edu/calendars
Leaves of absence: https://gradschool.utexas.edu/academics/policies/leaves-of-absence
Late registration: https://gradschool.utexas.edu/academics/policies/late-registration
Adding/dropping courses: https://gradschool.utexas.edu/academics/policies/adding-and-dropping-courses
For more information on policies, see the most recent Graduate Catalog: http://catalog.utexas.edu/graduate/
If you expect to complete your degree this semester, file to graduate by submitting the Master’s Graduation Application form online or the Doctoral Graduation Application form.
Frequently Asked Questions related to graduation
University Writing Center Online Consultations
The UWC is now open for online writing consultations for all UT graduate students. Just as before, you are welcome to book a consultation with a trained writing consultant on any writing project at any stage, including but certainly not limited to: dissertation chapters, grant proposals, conference papers, abstracts, and more.
All consultations are free and 45 minutes long, and will be conducted online in Google Hangouts Meet.
For more information, please visit our website at http://uwc.utexas.edu/appointments-new/ or email UWC graduate services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck with your work, and stay safe!
Graduate Education Task Force: https://provost.utexas.edu/initiatives/graduate-education-task-force/ (Messages, overview, charge, issues, recommendations, feedback)
Graduate Education Transformation Tracker: https://provost.utexas.edu/graduate-education-transformation-tracker.