- The UT Center for Teaching and Learning is a great place to start for graduate-specific information and continuing professional development – check this page for first-time TAs
- CLIPS class information pages are useful for managing courses- ask your instructor to make sure you have access
- The Graduate School’s training and resources page for student employees (includes new employee checklist, FAQs, and university compliance information
- CANVAS – UT’s system for course management, materials, and communication. See “Teaching with Canvas”
- Support a Longhorn – Resources for supporting students and colleagues experiencing distress
- Behavior Concerns and Advice Line (BCAL) Campus safety service to report and check in about a student, roommate, or other UT affiliate
- 2020 Graduate Teaching Showcase – See past presentations related to teaching pedagogy and student development
Instructional Resources (Includes online learning)
The Faculty Innovation Center (FIC) has developed extensive online materials, including support for online classes, including:
- Graduate Student Teaching Development: Foundational programs, resources, & services for all TAs and AIs
- Instructional Continuity Guide – A step-by-step guide for instructors, includes transition to remote delivery. Developed in collaboration with campus partners, it features support around instructional activities, student engagement, assessments and more.
- Resources for Graduate Student Instructors – A resource for teaching assistants that provides guidance on coordinating with faculty members, conducting virtual office hours, facilitating discussions and communicating with students.
- Remote Teaching Series – A series of videos led by Provost’s Teaching Fellows and helpful one-pagers for teaching online, such as Building Community in Online Classrooms.
- Deeper Dive Instructional Guides – Collections of information, resources, research and models of best practices related to important teaching and learning topics such as inclusive teaching and learning, creating online courses and more.
- Additionally, the FIC often holds workshops. You can sign up to receive the FIC newsletter with updates and upcoming events.
- Faculty and TA Decision Tree related to COVID-19 exposure (2020-21) and FERPA + HIPPA privacy laws
> > Short, asynchronous, self-paced mini-course on teaching tips from learning science built in Panopto, available here by Dr. Julie Schell, COFA Assistant Dean for Instructional Continuity and Innovation.
>> Fine Arts Career Resources including recorded videos and comprehensive list of resources