PhD Degree Information
Consult the Graduate Handbook for information regarding the course options relating to the degree program.
Note on registering for minor (supporting) coursework:
If any course listed in the Course Schedule does not show as “open,” it has been restricted by that department. Most departments restrict their graduate courses and you will likely need the consent of the instructor to register. Often, the Graduate Coordinator in that department will register you for the course once consent of the instructor has been received. If you have consent and are requesting registration from a Graduate Coordinator by email, always include:
- UT EID
- Number and title of the course
- Unique number (5-digits) for the course
- If you have previously received consent from the instructor by email, paste the consent information into the email.
- Past prospectuses for ARH MA and PhD colloquia: https://utexas.box.com/s/luzqghox9cws4n521tf8d7qxofzci2ej
- Search published theses and dissertations via UT libraries: https://repositories.lib.utexas.edu/handle/2152/11
- Art History Theses and Dissertations: https://repositories.lib.utexas.edu/handle/2152/4/browse?type=department&value=Art+History
- Fall-2022-Colloquium-Workshop Powerpoint