- All graduate students taking coursework must meet with the Graduate Adviser prior to registering for courses.
- The advising bar (account hold) will not be cleared until the student has met with the Graduate Adviser
- Academic advising for the Fall semester takes place in April for continuing students and late August for incoming students; Academic advising for the Spring semester takes place in October
- Each semester, the Course Schedule lists all courses offered and is published online, usually the two weeks prior to advising
- The Graduate Coordinator will send out a list of seminar course descriptions, if applicable
- Prior to advising list review Art Education Degree Requirements
- You may register for an Art History seminar our outside elective only if approval is received during an academic advising meeting with the Graduate Adviser
- The student is ultimately responsible for tracking and completing the requirements in the Program of Work
UT Course Schedule: https://registrar.utexas.edu/schedules
Coursework outside of Art Education:
Minor coursework must carry an upper-division number, that is, 320-379. Suggested out of department contacts & departments: https://sites.utexas.edu/artgrads/art-history/art-history-advising/out-of-department-courses/.
Masters students are required to take minor (supporting) coursework outside of Art Education. If any course listed in the Course Schedule does not show as “open,” it has been restricted by that department. Most departments restrict their graduate courses and you will likely need the consent of the instructor to register. Often, the Graduate Coordinator in that department will register you for the course once consent of the instructor has been received. If you have consent and are requesting registration from a Graduate Coordinator by email, always include:
- Name, UT EID, the number and title of the course, 5-digit unique number for the course.
- If you have previously received consent from the instructor by email, please forward or include the consent information via email.