Deadline for Application: June 23, 2017
Daugavpils University and the “Learn Russian in the European Union” project invite students for customized Semester Abroad programs hosted by Daugavpils University, Latvia.
Semester Abroad programs include:
(1) Intensive “Russian as a Foreign Language” core course (interactive communication skills, grammar, phonetics), provided at Intermediate, Advanced, and Superior target proficiency levels.
(2) Subject matter group and elective courses, depending on the selected program and delivered in English and/or Russian:
– Russian language, literature, and culture;
– East European studies;
– Natural Sciences (mathematics, physics, biology, chemistry, environmental studies), theory and laboratory practice;
– Political Science.
Daugavpils University will award up to 30 ECTS credits (Russian – 15 ECTS, subject matter courses – up to 15 ECTS.
No visa is required to study in Latvia for citizens of the USA, Canada, the European Union, and many other countries.
– Accommodation with a Russian-speaking host family.
– Native Russian student communication partners.
– Full language and cultural immersion in the European Union’s most Russian city.
– Excursions, field trips, cultural and sports activities.
– Local health insurance, two-way airport transfer, orientation, local mobile phone, and more.
– Optional guided trip to Russia or Belarus. Visas can be obtained from the consulates located in Daugavpils.
– Full-time in-country support.
The application deadline for the Fall 2017 programs is June 23, 2017.
Please find more on the Semester Abroad programs in Daugavpils at http://www.learnrussianineu.com/semester-abroad-programs