Deadline: Open Until Filled
Lecturer (Russian). Original ad here: http://workatuh.hawaii.edu/Jobs/NAdvert/24665/4278397/1/postdate/desc
Hiring Unit: College of Lang, Ling and Lit, Russian Division of the Department of Lang and Lit of Europe and the Americas, University of Hawaii, Mānoa
Salary commensurate with experience.
One-year appointment for Academic Year (Fall 2017 & Spring 2018). Contingent on approval, position clearance, availability of funds, and sufficient enrollment.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Teach undergraduate courses in Russian language, literature and culture, and, in English, Russian literature, culture and translation classes.
2. Teaching load: Up to 12 credits (4 courses) per semester.
1. M.A. or equivalent degree in Russian;
2. High Level proficiency in Russian and English
3. Experience teaching Russian in the USA at the college/university level
1. Ph.D., in Russian or equivalent (ABD will be considered; must have degree in hand by 07/31/2017.)
2. Evidence of student-oriented and innovative instruction.
3. Scholarly publication and participation in national professional organizations encouraged, but not required for appointment.
Email your application materials in a pdf file to email@example.com with Subject Line “Russian” plus your last name: RussianAnderson. Include your letter of application, curriculum vitae, complete sets of recent student evaluations, official graduate transcripts (copies acceptable at time of application, however, original transcripts upon hire) and the email and phone contact information for three references. Describe in your letter of application the courses taught previously in Russian and in English translation, as well as courses you are prepared to teach.
Dr. Anastasia Kostetskaya, Russian Chair; firstname.lastname@example.org. Russian Chair, Department of Languages & Literatures of Europe & the Americas.
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.