Deadline for Application: October 01, 2017
You can only have one active Peace Corps Volunteer application, so choose a position that best fits your skills and interest. You have the opportunity to tell us if you’d like to be considered for other openings and more about the ones that interest you most!
Peace Corps Kosovo Volunteers are assigned to work with the English Education project as Primary and Secondary English Teachers. Volunteers will be paired with a local English language teacher in a co-teaching classroom setting with a focus on integrating student centered methodologies, improved lesson planning and classroom management. In addition to classroom teaching, Volunteers share resources, develop teaching materials with local teachers and become involved in community- and school-based projects. Volunteers will be expected to conduct clubs and/or camps in their communities focused on conversational or content-based English.
Volunteer duties often consist of the following:
• Team-teaching with Kosovar teachers in the classroom;
• Sharing/preparing joint lesson plans with colleagues;
• Preparing interactive teaching aids, games, classroom materials;
• Developing English language-centered extra-curricular activities such as English clubs, Youth clubs, drama clubs, summer youth camps and other activities that promote volunteerism;
• Sharing specific information about American traditions and culture with students and colleagues;
• Taking part in school events or events connected with Kosovo’s traditions.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree in any discipline and a strong desire to teach English.
Additionally, competitive candidates will also have one or more of the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree in Pre-school, Early Childhood, Middle School, or Elementary/Secondary Education.
• Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree in any discipline with Elementary or Secondary Education state certification
• Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree in any discipline with 1 or more school year classroom teaching experience at the Early Childhood, Middle School, Elementary or Secondary level.
For more information, and to apply, click here.