Deadline for application: October, 2017
Digital Opportunity Trust is currently looking for a Bilingual Program Manager for its 5- month project in Hungary.
About Digital Opportunity Trust
Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) is an acclaimed international non-profit headquartered in Ottawa, Canada; with local operations around the globe. DOT is the leader in creating educational, economic, and entrepreneurial opportunity through the effective use of information and communication technology for communities and people in countries that are developing, in transition, or under stress.
Amongst its programming activities, DOT also partners with international corporations, such as IBM, to implement their corporate volunteering and leadership development programs in several countries around the world. For these programs, DOT deploys groups of IBMers from different countries to an emerging market for three or four week community-based assignments. During the assignment, participants perform community- driven economic development projects working at the intersection of business, technology, and society. As an NGO partner to IBM, DOT works through its on-the-ground networks and local expertise to design effective community-based projects to support the deployment of IBM corporate volunteers. DOT will be implementing the IBM Corporate Service Corps Program in Hungary in 2018. For more information, please visit https://www.dotrust.org/our-work/partnerships/
- Assist in the development of the proposal for Hungary.
- Participate in weekly calls with a group of executives from all around the world.
- Plan and manage logistics for the execution of the Program.
- Participate in preparation of financial reports and budget calculation related to the Program Implementation and Program Planning.
- Participate in the preparation of documents and reports, and related local impact tools and systems, as required.
- Collaborate with the DOT Leadership Team in managing the relations with host partner organizations.
- Manage content of the cloud-based file storage system.
- Contribute to Program external influencer activities, as required.
The selected candidate must have the following personal and professional attributions:
- Bachelor Degree (minimum) in Public Relations, Business Management, Human Resources, International Development, or another related field.
- Excellent English skills (bilingualism in Hungarian/English required).
- Experience of at least 5 years in project coordination, event management, or project planning and management.
- At least 30 years of age.
- Hungarian national.
- Strong time management and planning skills.
- Ability to assess threats and solve problems quickly.
- Good organization and communication skills.
- Availability to travel.
- Ability to be flexible as the requirements can change day to day depending on the
- urgency of a task at hand.
- Be able to think outside the box.
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial with a great sense of humor!
5. Position Details
- Position Title: Program Manager
- Duration: 5 months
- Start date: TBD – possibly, Q1 2018
- Location: Budapest
Interested candidates who meet the required skills, please send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for CV submission: October 30, 2017 – DOT will be considering CVs as they arrive – so please submit your CV asap.