Deadline for Applications: May 25, 2019; Ongoing Until Filled
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln Department of Modern Languages and Literature is seeking a full-time lecturer for the academic year 2019-2020. This is a non-tenure, possibly renewable position. The successful candidate will teach a range of undergraduate courses, 24-26 credit hours, in a vibrant Russian language program at a comprehensive research university. The Department is unable to sponsor visa applications for this position.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• PhD or ABD in Russian language or a related field by the start date of the appointment;
• Fluency or near-native proficiency in Russian and English;
• Previous teaching experience at the university level;
• Experience with online or hybrid teaching;
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate extra- and co-curricular activities;
• Evidence of excellence and professional development in the teaching of Russian language and culture;
• Familiarity with best practices in Foreign Language Pedagogy, including the use of assessment tools;
• Evidence of familiarity and use of technology in the classroom.
Application Review Date (To ensure consideration, please submit all application materials before review date): 05/25/2019
Please apply at https://employment.unl.edu/postings/63666