American Councils for International Education is currently accepting applications for the position of Program Officer to work on the Critical Language Scholarship Program, a program of the U.S. Department of State. The Program Officer reports to the CLS Program Manager and is responsible for program administration and logistics, communication with program participants and partnering institutions in regions providing Russian and Persian immersion language programs.
The position is dynamic, calls for close attention to detail, the ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently, and a readiness to communicate with diverse groups of people. We are looking for a candidate who demonstrates the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, knowledge of Russian and Persian (any dialect) a plus;
- Experience in study abroad, international education, federally funded programs for cultural exchange, or familiarity with the field of second language acquisition;
- Experience working with data and spreadsheets;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills;
- Experience mentoring or advising students preferred;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities quickly and effectively;
- Ability to work independently while contributing to an overall team effort;
- Proven effectiveness in a cross-cultural work environment; and
- Effective interpersonal skills.
The full job description can be found here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=19016&clientkey=58AA089E0E2C786B7FE4217373F3BCBD. Applications can be submitted using the same link. Applications are being accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Any specific questions can be addressed directly to me.