Foreign Language Teaching Podcast
Podcast host Dr. Natalie McCauley and her guest discuss a number of topics related to language teaching and assessment, such as:
– how attending an ACTFL oral proficiency workshop changed Dr. Rifkin’s teaching;
– why it is important to study abroad and why just “being there is not enough”;
– how teachers can reduce their presence in the classroom so that students get more time to use the language;
– why a successful language classroom is a ‘noisy’ classroom;
– the concept of “intensity of engagement’ as an alternative approach to lesson planning;
– how Dr. Rifkin assigns and structures students’ presentations;
– ways to sustain students’ motivation as they continue their study of Russian, and many others.
You can listen to the interview on its TeachRussian.org page or on your favorite podcast platform (iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify).