“Learn Russian in the European Union” (www.learnrussianineu.com) is accepting applications for 2020 Spring Semester and 2020/2021 Academic Year study abroad programs that are hosted at Daugavpils University in Daugavpils, Latvia.
The following for-credit programs are available to Russian majors and students who are not majoring in Russian, but study the language:
– Russian Language, Literature, and Culture;
– Russian Language and Political Science;
– Russian Language and East European Studies;
– Russian Language and Natural Sciences/STEM (math, physics, biology, chemistry, and environmental studies) with theory and laboratory practice in English/Russian.
American and Canadian citizens do not need a visa to study in Latvia.
Daugavpils University awards up to 30 ECTS credits per semester – the equivalent of 15 credit hours at American universities.
For all of the details please visit www.learnrussianineu.com/semester-abroad-programs.
All “Learn Russian in the EU” academic year/semester study abroad programs include two components:
– Intensive Russian as a Foreign Language core course, which is taught at Intermediate, Advanced or Superior target proficiency levels.
– Elective courses that vary based on the selected program. The course catalog is available at www.learnrussianineu.com/for-students/for-credit-courses-hosted-at-daugavpils-university.
– Full linguistic and cultural immersion in the most Russian city of the European Union.
– Accommodation with Russian-speaking host families is available.
– Native Russian-speaking student communication partners.
– Excursions, field trips, cultural, and athletic activities.
– Local health insurance, two-way airport transfer, a local mobile phone, and a full orientation.
– An optional guided trip to Russia or Belarus. Visas can be obtained from consulates located in Daugavpils.
Student testimonials are available at www.learnrussianineu.com/for-students/what-do-our-students-say.
Daugavpils University, established in 1921, is Eastern Latvia’s foremost academic and research institution. Daugavpils University has Bachelor, Master and Doctoral programs.
Daugavpils, the second largest city in Latvia, is a unique place – a Russian-language enclave and the most Russian city in the European Union. Students will experience full linguistic immersion and undergo an amazing cultural experience in a city that was once part of both the Russian Empire and the Soviet Union, and which has a remarkable historical legacy tied to Russia and Russian-European relations.
To learn more about “Learn Russian in the EU” programs please come to our exhibition booth #112 at the ASEEES Convention in San Francisco on November 23 – November 25, 2019.