Deadline: January 15, 2020
2020 Spring Break: Introduction to Russia
Dates: March 14 – 22, 2020
During this one-week trip, SRAS will introduce students to the places and people of Moscow and St. Petersburg.
- Kremlin Tour
- SRAS Walking Seminar on the Origins of Modern Russia with SRAS Assistant Director Josh Wilson
- Bolshoi Backstage Tour
- Socials with Locals – opportunities to meet young Russians for casual interaction
- Peter & Paul Fortress , St. Isaac’s Cathedral, Hermitage Museum
- Catherine’s Palace, Siege Memorial
- Festive meals to introduce you to local/regional foods
- Optional activities (theater, banya, cooking, peer tutoring – based on group interests)
This trip is great value for students and SRAS will of course be aiming to get them really geared up for further study of Russian and a return to the region for a longer study abroad experience. For those wavering about study abroad location this is a great opportunity to visit the two most popular cities for study abroad in Russia and either decide between the two – or realize that with the major bucket list items checked off, give serious consideration to going further afield to even more immersive locations.