Deadline: May 10, 2020 (extended)
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, American Councils suspended all AC Study & Research Abroad overseas programs for Summer 2020. While our overseas programs will not be running as planned this summer, American Councils is pleased to offer the following programs online for the Summer 2020 term:
- Advanced Russian Language and Area Studies Program (RLASP)
- Balkan Language Intiative (BLI): Albanian, Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian, Macedonian
- Eurasian Regional Language Program (ERLP): Dari, Farsi, Georgian, Kazakh, Tajiki, Ukrainian, Uzbek
- Peace and Security in the South Caucasus (PSSC)
- Politics and Public Diplomacy in Contemporary Russia (PPD)
The application deadline for these programs has been extended to Sunday, May 10.
Online AC Study Abroad programs feature:
- Approximately 12-15 academic hours per week of instruction, both synchronous and asynchronous
- Remote meetings with conversation partners to provide opportunities for informal target language practice and connections with locals
- Approximately 2-3 hours per week of virtual cultural activities and excursions to places of historical and cultural importance
- Academic credit from Bryn Mawr College upon successful completion of the program
- Reduced program fee from overseas programs; scholarships available
For program-specific information such as dates, costs, languages offered, potential virtual activities, and more, please visit https://acstudyabroad.org/summeronline/.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-733-8522.