Summer Course: Russian Film at Wheaton College

Deadline: May 2, 2020

With the move to distance learning, my summer Russian Film class at Wheaton College (RUSS/FNMS 282) can be opened up for anyone, anywhere. This would be perfect for students who need to make up credits due to the current mess, but is of course open to everyone.

The dates are May 19 to June 12. The class is 4 days a week, 2.5 hours a day and will be a mix of synchronous and asynchronous delivery. All films will be available online with subtitles. The class is taught in English. No previous knowledge is expected. The administration is giving us flexibility in scheduling and structuring, so I can work with individual needs.

The class will cover 100 years of Russian film from Vertov to the present. It will serve as an introduction to film analysis as well as Russian history and culture of the 20th and 21st centuries. Given the format I plan on putting a particular emphasis on writing about film.

Please have anyone interested contact me (dolack_thomas@wheatonma.edu) for details. Registration ends May 2. (Apologies for the short notice, this was a late add.) For further information see https://wheatoncollege.edu/admission/summer-session/.