American Councils for International Education is looking for experienced Target Language Expert consultants in Afghan-Pashto, Cebuano, Hebrew, Ukrainian, and Romanian to work on a federally funded test-item development project for the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center. Target Language Experts will work on passage selection, rendering into English, and item review throughout the development window. All work will be done remotely through an online item development interface.
Assessment items will be either listening or reading items targeting various levels of proficiency on the ILR scale. Consultants will be provided with training on item development and the item specifications as well as the item-development interface and procedure.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with American Councils in-house test development team to ensure all items and passages align with content and rigor per guidelines
- Participate in item writing training (web-based) prior to start of project
- Be responsive to and apply feedback shared by American Councils team members
- Communicate clear and concise recommended revisions with rationale
- Review content for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and/or style and format specifications consistent with editorial guidelines
- Plan work accordingly to established priorities and project schedules
- Participate and complete required training provided by client on security protocol
- Hold an ILR level-4 proficiency in the target language, and an ILR level-3 proficiency in English
- Previous experience in test development or ILR-based language teaching and curriculum design preferred
Interested parties should respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with their resume or CV. Please note that this is a consulting position.